- I turned 27. Science has decreed that it's all downhill from here.
- My novel pitch was ultimately rejected by the publisher. As rejections go, this one was pretty nice - I got a brief explanation of the reasons (weak opening, not enough details in the battle scenes, the whole series I was pitching for is being reconsidered), and encouragement to submit again, which I fully intend to do.
- My query letter to Maxim magazine has gone unanswered. I may attempt a list submission for phase two.
- I took the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) exam. (Yes, I have a day job.) If I passed, then the CISSP is the premiere certification in information security and I wholeheartedly recommend getting it. If I failed, then I'm not bound by CISSP Code of Ethics and I'll have plenty more to say on the subject.
- I continued to have a life, visit with friends and family, keep the wife and dog happy, and maintain gainful employment.
- I did not get enough sleep.
- I decided to abandon my old blog posting format.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
So, over two months since my last post. Let's see what I've accomplished in that time: